3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 1/ 2 tsps. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsps. allspice
1/2 cup walnuts(optional)
1/2 tsp cloves
3/4 cup of lard(i use margarine)
1 1/2 cups apple sauce
1 cup raisins
1) Combine sugar and lard mix till smooth then add eggs and salt.
2) Add applesauce with all the spices.
3) Add raisins and nuts and vanilla
4) Add flour and baking soda
5) Mix until well blended(I use an electric mixer)
Pour into greases pan 9 x 13
Bake in preheated oven at 350 F for 50 to 60 minutes.
Toothpick inserted in center comes out clean,cake is done.
You can top this cake with your favorite icing or eat it as it is!